Hello lovely members of the Keble JCR,
I am very excited to welcome you all to Keble, whether you’re a new fresher or a returning student. I have a few updates from the JCR Committee and myself:
1. Welcome freshers! Keble’s Fresher’s Week Committee has gone above and beyond preparing this upcoming week for you. A few tips: if you don’t know your schedule for the week, check here. If you get lost in town, and the passerby you’re asking directions from doesn’t know where Keble is, ask where the Lamb and Flag is, guaranteed they’ll know it. If you’re feeling lost in college, we’re all friendly here! Good luck.
2. JCR Representative positions are open! These include:
- Speaker- chairs JCR meetings and cracks jokes.
- Bike Rep- looks after our new and improved bike scheme.
- Yearbook Rep- compiles and distributes yearbooks for finalists.
- Sports Rep- manages sports budget, equipment, and does other sporty things.
- IT Rep- helps with this website and sets up online voting for elections.
- LGBTQ Rep- is a point of contact for anyone in college who identifies, and this year will be putting on events!
- Disability Rep- (see above)
- BME Re- (see above above)
- Arts & Pubs Officer- oversees the Keble Art Society and Keble Art Festival.
If you’d like to apply for any of these positions, take a look at the constitution for these roles’ responsibilities and email firstname.lastname@example.org with a manifesto (check your email) by Thursday, October 8th at midnight.
3. If you are a 4th year or a 1st-3rd year who is “significantly older” than your year group, you can apply for associate membership of the MCR. Those guys have a cool hangout MCR room with a kitchen and a big TV, and lots of MCR-only events. Application forms and rules can be found here.
Lastly, if any of you have any questions or need any help, don’t hesistate to drop me a line. I’m here for ya.